Monday, October 27, 2008

Joliet, Illinois ignores Federal Law



UPDATE 2: The US Flags have all been removed.

UPDATE: The flag has now been removed, but I have actually found many more in the City of Joliet with the same issue. I will be taking more video this weekend and making more calls to the Mayors office. More on this issue to come soon. Thanks for your help with getting this first one removed.

This past summer, the City of Joliet, Illinois installed a Flag display at the corner of Bronk and Black road. It is a very nice display and being a Veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces, I take pride in seeing the U.S. Flag displayed.

However, the problem is that they never installed any lights and they are currently breaking Federal Flag Display Law by flying the flag at night with no illumination.

I have contacted the city clerks office as well as the office of Mayor Arthur Schultz. My last contact with the Mayor's office had them telling me they would not be taking the flag down.

This is a disgrace and I am asking for your help. Please watch the video above and please take a few minutes to call the Mayor's office and ask them to take down the flag until they can install proper illumination in accordance with Federal Law. You can reach the mayor's office at 815-724-3700.

With your help, I know we can get this issue resolved. Thank you very much.

No comments: