Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Sears Tower adds The Ledge to the Skydeck


The Sears Tower has always granted visitors a very nice view of Lake Michigan and Chicago from the 103rd floor. But I guess the janitors got tired of cleaning the glass from people pressing their heads against it to look straight down.

Now you don't have to do that as you can now walk out into a glass box and look straight down at the street 1,353 feet below you. And people are flocking to take a look. You see, I work right across the street from the Sears Tower and I look out onto the entrance to the Skydeck so I can see the huge throngs of people linining up each day to check out The Ledge.

I think this is a really neat idea and I am surprised that it has not been done before now. I guess I may have to schedule a trip to the top myself to check it out. If you plan to make a trip to Chicago then check out the official page for The Ledge and the Skydeck tour.



No comments: