Saturday, August 16, 2008

What is it about the Olympics that......

What is it about the Olympics that gets a guy like me to sit there and watch Gymnastics, Swimming, Shot putting, high jumping, diving, etc. etc? I mean I am not the kind of person to watch these sorts of things normally, but I find myself watching things such as Gymnastics when it comes to the Olympics.

Is it because of the TV coverage? Perhaps its my patriotism kicking in. What ever it is, I find it weird. Now I can see why I was drawn to watching Michael Phelps win his 8th gold medal in a single Olympics as this was something that has never been done before. But to sit and watch something like vaulting, pommel horse, or floor exercises makes no sense to me. I never watch this stuff unless its in the Olympics.

It is the same way with the Winter Olympics. As much as I despise skating, I will watch skating during the Olympics. It really must have something to do with the United States taking on other countries and the feeling of patriotism when we win. Its always nice to see your Country win.

I am proud of our athletes and look forward to seeing the Track & Field events next week. GO USA!

No comments: