Friday, August 22, 2008

Where did the good music go?



I miss the days of the hair bands. I don't know if Gun's N Roses actually fit into that category but they are one of my all-time favorite bands and I am actually hoping that Chinese Democracy will someday hit the stores and I hope its actually good. At this point I think Axel Rose is the only remaining band member from the good old days, but I still look forward to it.

The 80's and early 90's was a time of amazing music. Bands like Warrant, Firehouse, Poison, Van Halen (without Sammy), Ratt, Quiet Riot, Twisted Sister, and many others were a constant in my stereo.

What is sad is that today it seems like all I listen to is talk radio (ESPN) or Podcasts. Has today's music gone down the tubes or is it just that I have changed? I enjoy good music and I enjoy cranking up the stereo in the car and jamming out as I drive down the road, but it is always to older music. I need something new, but fun like the bands of old. Any ideas?

The only groups that have really impressed me recently are Theory of a Deadman, Modern Day Zero, and Tantric. Other than that, I am not impressed with most music. I feel like I am beginning to feel my age and I don't like it.

1 comment:

Robert said...

This is exactly why I'm stuck in the 80's. It was the best decade ever for music and movies.