Sunday, April 20, 2008

My Xbox Obsession


Well, as some of you know, I have an obsession with my Xbox 360. Not only do I play it almost every day, but I have become a host for a podcast centered on the Xbox world. You can check out the show by clicking the image below.


My Xbox also has its own blog. Here is one such entry.


You can read its blog by clicking the image below.


I have come to the conclusion that I love playing for Achievement Points. This is something new the Microsoft created for the Xbox 360 and for many people, including me, they have become almost an obsession themselves. I find myself playing bad games just for the points. Uggh, I must find a Gamers Anonymous somewhere.

Now Achievement Points can be good. What I love about them is that I find I will try various things in games such as useing different weapons, trying different stunts, or even trying to playing a football game and simply call the plays instead of controlling the QB. So Achievement Points have shown me more in games, and I have come to love some things that I never would have discovered if it was not for those couple of points. So I feel that I am getting more value for my money because of those wonderful, meaningless, points.

But as meaningless as they are, I am still hooked. Thank you Microsoft.

3 comments:

Robert said...

Achievement Points rule! Yes, I have a PS3, but every single time there is a multiplatform game I will buy the 360 version because of the points.

Points also rule because they can actually add value to video games. Points can actually make you play the game in ways that you might not normally play just to pick up points.

Achievement points are a genius move by Microsoft. Back in the day of school arcade games you would play most games for a high score. That was kinda phased out with later games. Microsoft has brought the high score back through achievement points.

Of all of the consoles I've ever owned the 360 is my favorite by far. I've never bought more games for any other console.

Jazic said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Blah all achievement points are is a measurement of your e-penis! I'm mainly saying that because your score is almost double mine. :p

I'm with rob though, I buy multiplatform games not only for the points but because all of my friends are on the 360. I do have some crossover on the PS3 friends list from the 360 but its not the same... out of the 20 or so people I have I've yet to see more than 2 online at once. On my 360 I've yet to see fewer than 5 and normally prime time its 25 or so!