Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Crime on the rise



Well, it looks as if everyone (those who play video games anyways) is out committing crimes. Running people down with cars, killing cops, running drugs, hijacking cars, etc. etc. And they are doing this from the comfort of their Lazy-Boys.

Yes Grand Theft Auto IV is here and its turning everyone who plays it into little deviants including me. I am not a "sandbox" type of game player. I prefer my First person shooters but as much hype as there was about this game, I figured I would give it a try. There were some things that interested me so I picked it up and tried it out.

I only have about two hours into the game so far and I will say that the story line is pretty good. The visuals are outstanding and the there is a ton of gameplay. The Single player should last about 30 hours alone and then there is the new multiplayer modes which will really extend the game.

At this point, I don't think this is the greatest game ever like many others think. Its "ok" at the moment. I will need more time to get used to the controls as they are a bit odd. I think the game has potential for me to enjoy, but only time will tell.

Anyways, I need to get back to Liberty City. I gotta go pick someone up in my car and drive them somewhere. I just wonder why the guy was worried if I was a cop or not. Hmmmm...

1 comment:

Robert said...

Ya know, I am liking the story. It's holding my interest, but for anyone to say this game is a 10 is just crazy.